Based on the classic French frame style, the mixte frame offers the versatility of a step-through with the performance of a diamond frame. The New Albion Starling frame design is optimal for city riding when you frequently need to stop and put your feet on the ground. Since it gives you the option to mount the bike without lifting your leg over the seat, it is suited for those who ride in skirts, have limited hip flexibility, may want to put a baby carrier or basket in the back, or just feel more comfortable having more space between their body and a steel tube.
How do you get one, if you don't know how to build your own bike?
Bike shops may already have built bikes on the shop floor, but most customers have a local bike shop order and build one with parts to specially suit your tastes, budget, and the type of rider you are. So your perfect bike awaits.
- Tange Infinity Butted CrMo steel with HT steel tubes
- Fits racks and fenders
- Horizontal dropouts allows for geared, internal geared and single-speed builds
- Designed for 55-73mm reach road calipers (allows for tires up to 42mm wide)
- Available in 4 sizes which is more than most mixtes from other companies
42, 48, 52, 56cm
(The 42cm requires 650b or 26" wheels. Other sizes fit 700c wheels)
- Paint: Peacock Blue
- Parts Fit Requirements: Seatpost: 27.2mm OD, Front derailleur: 28.6mm OD, Headset: 1", external cup, Rear hub: 130 or 135mm, Brakes: 55-73mm reach road calipers, Bottom bracket: 68mm shell