This is the Gates Carbon drive compatible version of our v.3 B-Side.
It has a splittable driveside seatsay and also a modified chainstay to create the needed clearance to fit a Gates front ring and 2.4" tires. Available in limited supply along with the standard model.
What is 27.5"?
27.5" (or 650b) is the tire size halfway inbetween the more common 26" and 29" MTB tires. 650b tires roll over obstacles better and are more stable at speed than a 26" wheel and are lighter weight than 29er wheels. 27.5" bikes also have less of the unwieldy feel some riders feel 29ers have.
- Tange/IRD Sliding Dropouts allow you to go single-speed or geared.
- Tange Prestige heat-treated butted CrMo steel; butted CrMo rear end
- Disc brakes only (no canti studs)
- Tange/IRD Sliding Dropouts allows geared and single-speed builds with easy wheel removal
- S-bend seatstays and chainstays
- Low sloping top tube/short seat tube
- Geometry is optimized for 100mm travel 27.5" forks and will handle 120mm forks great too
- CNC-machined 44mm headtube: Will take 1-1/8" steerers with a ZeroStack 44 headset or tapered steerers with a ZS44 upper assembly and external cup (EC44) lower assembly
- 27.2mm post size/28.6mm frt. der. size/29.8mm(or 30.0) seat collar; 400mm+ post recommended
- Recommended tire size: 1.95 - 2.4”
- Color: Pumpkin Orange
- Wt: 5.2 lbs.
- Sizes: SM(14.5"), MD(16.5"), LG(18.5"), XL(20.5")