650B/27.5" sized tires for mountain bikes are finally getting the attention they deserve. That flat out work great on most terrain and situations.
The second generation B-Side gets a few improvements.
Most notably are the snazzy Tange/IRD Sliding Dropouts.
We also fine tuned the geometry/sizing.
• Tange Prestige heat-treated butted CrMo steel; butted
CrMo rear end
• Disc brakes only (no canti studs)
• Tange/IRD Sliding Dropouts allows geared and single-speed
builds with easy wheel removal
• S-bend seatstays and chainstays
• Low sloping top tube/short seat tube
If you normally ride a 17”, you may fit the 16.5” B-Side
(400mm seatpost recommended)
• Rigid CrMo steel disc fork in black available
• Geometry adjusted for the White Bros. 650b
80mm travel fork (will also work with some 100mm travel
26” wheel forks) Ideal axle to crown (w/sag): 455mm
• 1-1/8” size headtube
• 27.2mm post size/28.6mm frt. der. size/29.8-30.0mm seat collar
• Recommended tire size: 1.95 - 2.4”
• Color: Gunmetal
• Wt: 4.5 lbs.
• Sizes: Sm, Md, Lg, XL
More information, photos and geometry at somafab.com